Sunday, July 8, 2007

A Post A Day...

Well, it seems posting once a day is harder than I imagined. Although, in my defense, Bork was in town this weekend. I was distracted.

Another Indianapolis fireworks display...

This makes my second year in a row for watching the downtown fireworks display. And I have to say, once you've seen large scale fireworks once, you've seen large scale fireworks a thousand times. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the show, but it wasn't spectacular. The time I watched the fire works from the Bank One building, above where they were launching them, that was awesome.

I guess what I'm saying is that the environment, or atmosphere, in which you watch the show is just as important as the show itself. This year we sat directly down-wind of the display. After any large eruption, we could only see a cloud of smoke. We also had to deal with firework debris fallout. Although, I admit that was kind of cool. Even the way the lingering smoke was illuminated by the following explosions was sometimes cool.

Luckily I was able to enjoy the show with a group of great friends, and isn't that what it's really all about.

No comments: