Wednesday, July 11, 2007

An evening out.

I went to the Wolf tonight and saw Ratatouille. And while this was an excellent film, it is not the topic of my post this evening.

I saw tonight's movie by myself. This is not the first movie I've seen alone, and I doubt it will be my last. I remember it being hard to convince myself to go the first time. It just seemed too weird. It's definitely something that a lot of people have a hard time doing. I've talked to numerous people that wouldn't, or even couldn't, go to the theater by themselves. I no longer have a problem going. In fact, there's a different feel altogether when seeing a movie by yourself. To me, it's more intimate. It can feel like I'm the only one there, regardless of how crowded it is. Of course, going with friends or a loved one is great too. I recommend going by yourself sometime. It's an experience.


On a side note, Spoon has a new album out. It's called "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga". I've only listened to the first half of the album so far, and I have nothing but good things to say. Here's what Pitchfork has to say about it. Do yourself a favor and check out the latest offering by Britt Daniel and company. And, hey, if I like these guys this much, they must be good. After all, they are from Texas.

1 comment:

Slammin' Sam said...

dude, i used to go see movies all the time, on my own. i agree, it is kind of a freeing experience. it's nice. it's good to go w/people you like. but it's also nice to have that time alone.

i had no idea people had a hang-up about going to see a movie alone. people should totally try it out.

it's what all the cool people are doing.