Sunday, July 8, 2007

More than meets the eye!

I saw Transformers tonight at the Wolf. It. Was. Awesome! Sure it's cheesy, but that's how the cartoon was. I felt they did an excellent job capturing the things I loved about the cartoon.

The first time I heard that wonderful transformation sound, I couldn't get the grin off my face. It's also very cool that the movie open with that great Optimus Prime voice; just like I remembered it! Obviously the showdown at the end was freaking great, but I really loved the car chase / fight between Bumblebee and Barricade.

Shia LaBeouf. Seriously, this role could have been crap. It could have been uninteresting. It was neither. I think he did a great job. He was funny, he played it straight, and he made it believable. I really enjoyed his performance, and I look forward to seeing him in a wider variety of roles.

Megan Fox. Umm, where was I? Oh yeah, umm, did she have any lines? Here, maybe this will help...

Finally, on a technical side, the CGI was unbelievable. I didn't even think about it until after the movie was even finished. It in no way whatsoever comes across as "CGI". It's so good, you don't even notice it.

I totally recommend seeing this movie. If you were a fan of the cartoon growing up, you won't be disappointed. I give it a four out of five.



2 comments:

Slammin' Sam said...

dude, the transformers movie is the shit. i haven't seen anything so rad in a really long time. we almost saw it again the next day. you're spot on about shia. he put in a fantastic performance. i hope they make a second one. i want to see more starscream.

peace out.

Slammin' Sam said...

hey, #1 movie this past weekend according to cnn.

autobots, roll out!