Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Indy's Real Beer Festival?

HomeTop 

     A few months ago, a few of you ventured out to the shitty less than desirable AleFest (here & here).  I was not able to attend this event, but it seems all is not lost. 

     On July 19, there is an Indiana Microbrewers Festival (click the picture above for more info) at Opti Park in Broad Ripple.  I think this one will be slightly a crap-load better than the one at the Murat.  I base this assumption on one item listed on the web page.  "Cask Conditioned table.  Up to 16 firkins served on gravity."  Most of you already know this, but I love cask beers.  They are the best. 

     Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to talk some of you into going to this.  I have a good feeling about this one.

Mike

3 comments:

Kernsie said...

I'm in.

Slammin' Sam said...

cask beer. good good stuff.

StuckeySpalt said...

I was running by there not 20 minutes ago, and I can honestly say that I have never heard of Opti Park. I'm guessing it's affiliated with the Art School / Museum that is right there. In any case, I'll probably walk there and drink lots of beer then walk home afterwards. And you can't beat that.