Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Belated Spring Cleaning

My apartment was a disaster.  I own entirely too much crap.  Anyway, I decided to start cleaning things up a bit.  The true motivation coming from the fact that I have some friends stopping over this weekend, and I was freaking out about how dirty everything was. 

Throughout this cleaning process (I've spread it over a few days), I've discovered something.  I feel better.  By simply picking up all the crap laying around on the floor, on other things, on top of things on other things, it has improved my mood considerably.  This is a nice little bonus.  Will it last?  I doubt it.  I have a tendency to let things pile up.  However, the hard part is almost over.  It shouldn't be too difficult to keep things tidy once the major clean up is complete.

So, moral of the story, a clean house is the path to a clear mind.  Or, whatever.  I'm sure there's some 10,000 year old saying that basically says the same thing.

Now, if I could just get my ass in shape, we might be getting somewhere...

1 comment:

Slammin' Sam said...

i'm pretty sure i've read studies about how cleaning is works as an antidepressant. if you still have your wii, i suggest wii fit to get your ass in shape. my legs were very sore the first week we had it. and it keeps handy stats which can make you happy. have fun w/the friends.